Brand doesn't have an official ecommerce
The history of the Tutima brand began in Glashütte. This nearly legendary location is a name synonymous with the highest quality timepieces in the world, boasting worldwide acclaim. It is a location where Tutima is also
once again present. With an exclusive manufacturing facility located in a protected historical building that was once Glashütte’s railway headquarters, a new era in the history of Tutima has begun – right in the center of the art of German watchmaking.
With the founding of the Uhren-Rohwerke-Fabrik Glashütte AG (UROFA) and the Uhrenfabrik Glashütte AG (UFAG) in 1926 and 1927 respectively, the 27-year-old Dr. Ernst Kurtz kicked off production of Glashütte’s first wristwatches. The top quality line from these factories was called Tutima, which is Latin for “secure, protected.”
After 66 years, Tutima is once again back home where it all began. On May 12, 2011 the company celebrated its return to Glashütte with a new manufactory. And with a masterpiece the likes of which had never been seen in the 165-year history of watchmaking in Glashütte: the Tutima Hommage Minute Repeater, a deep bow to company founder Dr. Ernst Kurtz.