Asperula Stellina, since 1964 is the flagship store of the Staiano family, located in Via Camerelle, the most chic street of Capri and among the finest in the world. This shop was opened in 1964 by Orestes Staiano, helped by his wife Rosetta, and for decades has proposed to its customers fine ceramics from Tuscany and Murano Glass from the most ancient Venetian glass factory, a selection of the best Italian craftsmanship.
Oreste began to work very young in 1938 and already in 1951, with his brothers Tony, Peppino and Costanzo, founded a company that owned more stores in Capri affirming and strengthening a long tradition in the family business that traces its roots at the beginning of ‘900 with the family founders Anthony and Gilda. In the early ’90s Oreste’s sons, Alba and Silvio, took over the business and decided to revolutionize the activity by introducing special Murano Glass items made on Silvio’s design and immediately after a line of watches called “Capri Watch Collection” with the filing of a protected trademark. This initiative was undoubtedly the turning point for the fifty years old family activity. From that moment, in fact, the business started growing at a fast pace, giving Silvio always more enthusiasm to the continuous creation of new models of watches.
Since 1995 the brand Capri Watch gained always more popularity following the increasing demand for new and colorful watches from the elite Capri clientele and becoming in few years a point of reference to the exclusive market of the island.